skip to main content


    Before my divorce, I gave birth to a child whose parent is not my spouse. How do I register the birth of my child? Can the biological father file for acknowledgment registration? Print

      When a woman gives birth to a child before divorce, the child is considered the marital child of woman and her ex-husband, even though the biological father is different from her ex-husband. If either the wife or the ex-husband can prove that the biological father is different from the ex-husband, the person may petition the court for denial of kinship. After the court ratifies the petition, and decided that the child is illegitimate, the biological father can file for acknowledgment registration.

    open footermenu close foorermenu